Read and study evidence that supports various hypotheses for the dinosaur extinction at the end of the Mesozoic Era. Organize the evidence into which hypothesis it supports. Then students write about their opinion about what caused the extinction using facts they previously considered. Evidence cards, evidence organization page, planning page, and final draft template included in this packet. PDF format.
What You Get:
- 1 page of evidence for your students to cut apart and study
- 1 page for your students to sort and organize their evidence based on which hypothesis the evidence supports
- 1 planning page to organize and glue evidence, and write notes before beginning to write
- 1 sample essay- volcanoes caused the extinction
- 1 sample essay- a meteorite caused the extinction
- 2 pages of a first draft template
- 2 pages of a final draft template with places to add illustrations or photos.
- 1 anchor chart about persuasive writing
- 1 sample of persuasive writing structure (with ideas about how to adjust for levels of writing)
You Might Also Enjoy:
VISIT MY STORE and follow me to hear about new curriculum and sales!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST to get inspiring ideas for your classroom!