The idea of a SUPER CONTINENT drifting apart over the course of millions of years is super fascinating to students. Well, your students' attention WON'T be drifting when you use this super-engaging activity.
This hands-on project encourages students to learn about Pangaea, plate tectonics, three types of tectonic plate movements, related vocabulary, real-world examples of tectonic shifting, and more. The ready-to-go templates allow you to mix and match to suit your needs.
Check out the PREVIEW for a movie of what the finished products look like.
Click on the links below to view my other Natural-Disaster-related activities.
• Step-by-step instructions on how to create the circle books
• Suggested template groupings to create shorter, more focused reports that focus on such topics as Pangaea, plate tectonics, vocabulary, research, and cooperative learning.
• Descriptions of each template
• Definitions of the vocabulary words
• 24 mix-and-match templates
• 3 different Cover Templates
• 4 Pangaea Templates with maps showing the progression of the continental drift
• Pangaea Writing Template for students to write about the continental drift
• Alfred Wegener Template for students to write about the originator of the drift theory
• 3 Plate Tectonic Templates with illustrations of divergent, convergent, and transform plates; lined area for the students to write about these types of movements.
• Evidence Template where students will write about the evidence that supports the theory of plate tectonics
• 4 Vocabulary Templates—3 templates that feature 15 suggested vocabulary words; 1 blank template for you to add your own vocabulary words
• 4 Research Templates where students can write a paragraph to show what they learned about the San Andreas Fault, the Ring of Fire, the East African Rift, and the Mid-Atlantic Ridge
• 2 Blank Writing Templates allow you to assign your own topics for the students to write about. The first template is filled with lines; the second has some blank space where students could draw a picture to accompany their writing.
• Blank Drawing Template allows students to create a drawing to add to their circle book
Check out these great projects from GravoisFare
that focus on:
NATURAL DISASTERS and PLATE TECTONICS
Fill-In Flip-Flap Books of 12 Natural Disasters
13 Natural Disasters Agamographs: Color-by-Number Templates and Stationery
Natural Disasters MEGA BUNDLE of 8 Flip Books that Focus on Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Avalanches, Wildfires, and Blizzards
Natural Disasters BUNDLE #1 of Four Flip Books that Focus on Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes
Natural Disasters BUNDLE #2 of Four Flip Books that Focus on Tsunamis, Avalanches, Wildfires, and Blizzards
FLOODS: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
AVALANCHES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
WILDFIRES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
TSUNAMIS: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
BLIZZARDS: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
VOLCANOES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
EARTHQUAKES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
TORNADOES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
HURRICANES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
Pangaea and Plate Tectonics Circle Book Reports: 24 Mix-and-Match Templates
Types of Volcanoes Circle Book Manipulative
Types of Earthquakes Circle Book Manipulative
Rocks and Minerals Circlebook: A Hands-On Project with 22 Mix-and-Match Templates
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward TPT purchases.
Follow the GravoisFare store to be notified when new products are added; more hands-on projects are added regularly.
*** GravoisFare is Everywhere! ***