This is a set of 5 papel picado templates for making a colorful tissue paper banner. This is a fun craft for secondary students to make and display when celebrating Hispanic holidays such as Cinco de Mayo, Hispanic Heritage Month, or Mexico's Independence Day. You may choose to have younger students simply color in the templates and display them on the walls. These templates are available in both color and blackline. They make a great festive decoration as a boarder around your classroom walls.
1. Cut sheets of tissue paper letter size (8.5 by 11 inches).
2. Fold the template and tissue paper in half widthwise. Make a book with the template on the outside and the tissue paper on the inside.
3. Secure the book in half with a few paper clips or staples. Tip: You may cut through several sheets of tissue paper at a time.
4. Cut along the outer boarder. Then begin cutting out the various outer and inner shapes.
5. Fold lengthwise or as needed to finish cutting out the remaining shapes.
6. Hang the papel picado banners by folding along the dotted line at the top and attaching to a string wth glue.
You may also like:
Hispanic Heritage Month Project: Famous Hispanic Americans
Hispanic Heritage Month Project: Holidays and Traditions
Flags of Spanish-Speaking Countries Windsock Craftivity
Flags of Spanish-Speaking Countries Coloring Sheets
Spanish-Speaking Country Profile Project
Want to receive updates on new Spanish products and sales? Here’s how to become a follower:
Look for the green star under my store name Spanish Made Easy
at the top of my homepage. Click the STAR to become a follower!