Looking for a fun way to work on development of oral language skills? These paper bag puppets with winter vocabulary are a great way to work on functional language necessary for the classroom as well as seasonal vocabulary for winter.
With this download you will receive visual, step by step instructions for assembly and usage in your lessons for language development or speech therapy sessions. Tips for saving time with the craft and focusing more on the language skills are included.
With this download you will receive 3 paper bag puppet patterns to create winter puppets for young children: Polar bear paper bag puppet, Penguin paper bag puppet and a Snowman paper bag puppet are all included!
Target 30 different oral language skills for young children with the included worksheets that are two per page. There are 52 different worksheets (two on each actual page) that target many different early language skills for students who are experiencing a delay or learning language as a new language.
Skills targeted are:
- identification of body parts
- receptive and expressive vocabulary: winter clothing, polar/arctic animals
- match definitions to their word in pictures
- receptive and expressive action words/verbs
- object functions
- using plurals appropriately
- identifying categories receptively
- identifying categories expressively
- identifying and using subjective pronouns and possessive pronouns correctly
- understanding negation
- formulating rhyming words
- understanding and using positional vocabulary
- understanding and answering WH questions
- story narrative skills
- sequencing skills
- conversational skills
The puppets in this product can be used with the articulation pages in the ANIMAL ARTICULATION PAPER BAG PUPPET ACTIVITY for mixed groups in speech therapy. Just use the articulation pages from the articulation set with the winter polar animals.
Perfect for a follow up activity after reading books like Sneezy the Snowman, Pierre the Penguin, Snowmen at Night, Snowmen at Work and more!
To read about how to use crafts to target language skills, CLICK HERE.
For more speech and language themed crafts in my store, CLICK HERE.