To design and build a race car, using only paper and glue (plus axles, axle housings, and wheels provided). The race car should be both fast (for racing against other cars) and crashworthy (for protecting its occupant – a raw egg).
1. Design and build a paper car.
2. Measure and record data about your race car.
3. Race your paper car, without an egg.
4. Observe and describe the motion of paper race cars.
5. Measure distance and duration of races.
6. Calculate speed, acceleration, and momentum of your race car.
7. Calculate force of car crash.
8. HAVE FUN!