Also included in
- Great lab experiences are the key to a successful biology or life science course. Spice up your class by having your students perform these 15 "must-do" biology labs. These labs cover cell structure, biochemistry, cell division, genetics and DNA, classification and evolution, and so much more! St$36.50$47.24Save $10.74
- It's all here ... Everything you need to teach a complete unit on photosynthesis to your biology students. Resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. This photosynthesis bundle covers topics related to chloroplasts, pigments, leaf anatomy, the light dependent reaction, the light$36.99$47.46Save $10.47
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$195.00$261.84Save $66.84
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$535.00$961.40Save $426.40
This is a biology lab that involves separating leaf pigments using paper chromatography. The purpose of this lab is to teach students the lab technique called paper chromatography. Essential to the process of photosynthesis is a set of plant pigments whose function is to absorb the light energy from the sun. Chloroplasts use this energy to build organic molecules. Students will separate the pigments found in leaves using the technique of paper chromatography.
What is the purpose of this lab??
- Student will learn the procedure of chromatography to separate the components of a mixture.
- Student will separate the pigments found in leaves.
- Students will calculate Rf values and answer critical thinking questions.
What materials are needed for this lab?
- Mortar and Pestle
- Fresh Leaves
- Chromatography paper,
- Capillary tubing
- 25 x 200 test tube,
- #4 or 5 rubber stopper
- Petroleum Ether
- Test tube rack.
Your download pages will include Title, Purpose, Introduction, Safety Precautions, Procedure, Student Data Pages, Follow Up Questions, Answer to all Questions, and Teacher Preparation Notes.
You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf form of the lab.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: