Face 1: Oranges for eyes, a banana mouth, two fries for eyebrows, a pear nose and a paper plate for the face
Face 2: Ring donuts for eyes, broccoli for nose, banana for mouth, fries / chips for eyebrows.
Face 3: Use real food !
>Ages: 2-5years old
You will need
• Printer - A4 or equivalent for this black and white printout.
• Guillotine - no prep time wasted cutting out circles. I had to make 220 of these one day so designed it to be prepared quickly.
• x1 Set of facial features x1
• Paper plate x1
• Glue stick x1
• Set of color crayons or pencils x1
• Model a completed version of the craft
• Elicit the food names and face parts
• Show how the face and eyebrows can be re-arranged to make happy, angry and sad faces
• Children glue the parts of the face to the paper plate. It’s always tempting to help “correct” them as they stick them all over the place, but them create this independently.
• Once everything is stuck down then they can colour everything.
• As an option tape a large popsicle stick or chopstick to the back of the face to make it into a puppet.
Upon completion how about...
Asking the student how their puppets feel
Sing an emotions or food song
Using the faces for role play
Using real food next time
Included in the download:
• The instructions on this TpT page
• Black and white pdf templates for 2 food faces
• See preview for contents
Please remember to subscribe to receive details of further exciting crafts and teaching materials.
My kids loved this, I hope yours do to.
● NEW - All clip art in my store can be printed onto physical products such as t-shirts, mugs, and phone cases. See my blog for details.
● Follow me for details on all new or updated products
● Check my categories in the sidebar for other great product similar to this one
Thank you - Tim Sensei