Also included in
- Includes TpT Digital version for Google Classroom remote learning.Engage students at the end of the year with STEM Activities!This bundle includes Water Bottle Flipping STEM Activity, Marble Run STEM Activity, Roller Coaster STEM Activity, and Bubble Wand STEM Activity. NEW - Just added Mother's Day$12.00$16.00Save $4.00
- Integrate STEM in your classroom all year!Engage your students in a fun and unique way! STEM Projects are perfect for helping students learn to work cooperatively in small groups and growing on their own. Each STEM challenge begins with a letter written to students explaining a problem they must sol$100.00$193.50Save $93.50
Includes Easel Activity Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!
ENGAGE STUDENTS IN A REAL WORLD STEM ACTIVITY!
Make learning fun with a STEM Challenge! For the Marble Run STEM challenge, students are asked by a toy company to design and create a marble run.
The STEM Process:
Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Students would enjoy completing this as a MakerSpace activity or as a STEM center. Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM Teachers, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
Aligns with NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards).
What Teachers are saying about Marble Run STEM Project:
"Thank you for all of your hard work putting these STEM projects together! My students' favorite school activity/project is STEM Fridays!" - Michelle M.
"My students are currently loving this activity, as they are really loving mazes at the moment! This is my second time using a STEM resource of Carly and Adam's. I love the planning pages, it really gets the kiddos thinking about their design beforehand and working together to combine their individual ideas with their group members! "
"Great activity for the last week of school! My students really liked making up their own marble run!" - Lauren P.
"This was one of our all time favorites for STEM activities at the end of the school year. The students worked hard and loved the process of figuring out what would work best. Your students will love this STEM activity!" - Christie M.
- Teacher Instructions with Photo
- Student STEM Journal
- Student Instructions
- Student Prediction and Testing Pages
- Student Reflection Pages
- NGSS Standards
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on this listing.
- Paper Plate
- Construction Paper
Other STEM Challenges your students will love!
- Water Bottle Flipping End of the Year STEM Activities
- Paper Plate Marble Run End of the Year STEM Activity
- Bubble Wand Maker End of the Year STEM Activity
- States of Matter Slime Maker STEM Activity
- Fourth of July Air Powered Firework STEM Activity
- Toolbox Fathers Day STEM Activity
- Fishing for Math Fact Fluency STEM Activity
Aligns to NGSS:
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how
the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given
K-2-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on
how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.