After many requests for one of my most popular paper crafts on the site, I have created a basic worksheet for our Paper Unicorn Decorations (great for rainbow parties or even as Christmas Tree Ornaments). They double up fabulously as a Pop Up Cards or 3d Art projects too.
The worksheets explain the step by step process to make these paper unicorns from scratch - getting students to draw and create their very own unicorns, however, the download also includes 3 printables of choice - allowing for easy assembly or cutting and tracing different elements - depending on the amount of time you have in the classroom and your children's ability.
* Overview of project and lesson plan
* One page worksheet to show how to make the Unicorn Decoration
* One page worksheet with written instructions explaining how to adapt the craft to make a 3d Pop Up Card
* 3 page printable - one ready to cut and assemble template, one colour your own template and one template for tracing
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry
Essentially store cupboard materials -
* White printer paper
* Paper scraps in desired colours
* Bakers twine
* Cardstock if making the Unicorn Card version
A free video version of this craft is available to view with the class on Red Ted Art. Why not browse the rest of our Easy Paper Crafts resources too? And do let me know which you would enjoy seeing Printable resources for!
Check out our Christmas Craft Resources on Teacher's Pay Teachers!
Christmas Paper Puppets (STEAM activity)
FreeVIRTUAL Advent Calendar - Ornaments Making