*Updated September 2020* EVERYTHING you need to implement a digital class economy on Google Drive, no cash or paper required!
A classroom economy is a classroom management system with purpose; not only do you have incentive, but you also have real-world skills being applied each day! While traditional classroom economies depend on paper money that might get lost or damaged, this Digital Classroom Economy resource solves the age-old problem of "I lost my wallet...!"
This resource contains ALL the Google Drive materials you will need to implement an economy classroom management system. Included in the resource are:
Introduction PowerPoint & Formative Assessment: Present the rules & expectations of the class economy to your students in an engaging PPT, then test their knowledge to ensure they're ready to participate in the economy.
Digital Banking Systems: A digital spreadsheet that has been formatted, programmed, and secured to act as your classroom banking system.
- Available as either an Excel spreadsheet (compatible with Microsoft Online) or Google Sheets document, this banking system can be kept online or offline, depending on the needs and capacity of your classroom.
- Banks are available for classes of up to 30, 40, or 50 students. The banking system is programmed with drop-down menus so that all transactions are kept consistent and your student bankers are held accountable for their entries. See the preview for a closer look of the Excel version, or click here for a video of the Google digital bank in action!
- You can log transactions and pay salaries from a central Master Account spreadsheet (easy for multi-student transactions) or from the individual student account pages
Class Jobs: EVERYTHING you need to jump-start 14 new class jobs!
- Job applications (available in paper form and Google Form)
- Tips and tricks for allocating jobs amongst your students (in-person and remote learning environments)
- “Job Inquiry Cards” that allow students to collect & keep descriptions of the jobs they’re interested in
- Materials required for certain occupations
Credit Card Transactions: This class economy can be COMPLETELY digital if you set up digital transactions! Included are:
- 28 different colored credit cards that you can edit, print, & laminate for each of your students
- Directions for creating QR code credit cards so that every bonus, fine, and expense can be sent to the bank with a simple scan of a credit card - no paper money needed.
- Ideas for bonuses, fines, rent, and purchased rewards
- Paper versions of bonus, fine, and expense slips (as a non-digital option)
*NOTE: You must have an accessible Gmail/Google Drive account to use all online elements of this class economy system. Those with a Microsoft Online account can use the Excel version of the bank online, although other online options (QR code credit cards, job application form) are only available through Google Drive.