Papier Mache Caravans
In this project students will create their own hipster inspired retro caravan using core flute and paper mache. They will construct the basic shape by cutting and manipulating the materials and then use paper mache to cover the shape. This will then be painted and varnished with a layer of PVA. Final embellishments will be added to the exteriors of the caravans add further connections to their chosen themes. This project provides you with teacher examples and a guide to how to re-create this sculpture. This product was designed to be delivered twice a week (1 hour periods) over 10-12 weeks.
This Product Includes:
- Project Plan (3 pages)
- Student Handout: Images of 1950s retro caravans to be used for drawing inspiration. (7 pages)
- Student Handout: Self Evaluation Sheet (1 sheet)
- Teacher example of a Hipster Caravan from four different perspectives. (4 pages)
- Teacher example of design development (4 pages)
- Student examples of their finished products (1 page)
- For clip art, you may use them as clip art, website graphics, binder covers, or even bulletin board decorations.
- Use this in creative ways! Explore and have as much fun with it as you would like
- Buy additional licensing for school use.
You may not:
- Share this product with other teachers, administration or districts. -Admin can buy additional licensing.
- Sell this product or give it out for free or photocopy it for others.
For more Visual Arts projects and to follow my store,
Have a great day!