Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
24.51 MB | 22 pages
Papier Mache Hot Air Balloons
This project is designed for students to create their own hot air balloon using core flute and many layers of paper mache. Your students will construct the basic shapes by cutting and manipulating the materials and then use papier mache to cover the shape. They will then paint and varnish the exterior. Final embellishments will be added to the exteriors of the balloons add further connections to the student's chosen themes. This project was design to be delivered twice a week for a one hour lesson over 10-12 weeks.
This Product Includes:
- Project Plan (3 pages)
- Student Handout: The History of Hot Air Ballooning (1 page)
- Student Handout: Written comprehension questions (2 pages)
- Student Handout: Hot Air Balloons used for inspiration (all referenced) (6 pages)
- Student Handout: Colour wheel (both US and AU versions) (2 pages)
- Student Handout: Complementary Colour painting worksheet (1 page)
- Student Handout: Self Evaluation Sheet (1 sheet)
- Teacher example of the initial drawing tasks (4 pages)
- Teacher example of design development (1 page)
- Student Samples image of the final products produced in class (1 page)
- For clip art, you may use them as clip art, website graphics, binder covers, or even bulletin board decorations.
- Use this in creative ways! Explore and have as much fun with it as you would like
- Buy additional licensing for school use.
You may not:
- Share this product with other teachers, administration or districts. -Admin can buy additional licensing.
- Sell this product or give it out for free or photocopy it for others.
For more Visual Arts projects and to follow my store,