Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
7.91 MB | 15 pages
The parabola project helps students discover meaning behind writing quadratic equations. Students gain a clear understanding of how to transform quadratic equations and represent them in three different forms: standard, vertex, and factored forms.
Students will need access to a computer as they will use Geogebra, a free software program, to fit parabolas to images. Geogebra can be downloaded for free at www.geogebra.com.
The project includes:
- Project instructions
- Project write-up form for students
- Instructions for using Geogebra and Geometer's Sketchpad
- Sample grading rubric
- Finished project with 5 Geogegra sample files
- 3 pages of notes on switching between forms of a quadratic
- PowerPoint review of changing between standard, vertex, and factored forms of a quadratic equation (23 slides)
All files other than the PowerPoint and Geogebra files are in both Word and PDF format.
Free sample or instructions and PowerPoint available for download from my store.