Also included in
- Get a complete, ready-to-print curriculum covering topics from the Algebra 2 TEKS.This curriculum bundle contains guided notes handouts, practice worksheets, exit tickets, warm-ups, reviews, mid-unit assessments, tests, and concept organizers - all aligned to the Texas Algebra 2 state standards (TEK$290.00$521.00Save $231.00
Get a complete, ready-to-print unit covering topics from the Algebra 2 TEKS including writing and analyzing quadratic functions and using the focus, vertex, and directrix to graph and formulate equations of parabolas in conic form.
This unit extends students' knowledge of quadratic functions by focusing on converting standard form to vertex form by completing the square in order to identify key attributes.
Students also will formulate equations of quadratic functions from 3 points using the 3x3 systems of linear equations approach and from 3 or more points using quadratic regression with technology.
Finally, students will be introduced to equations of parabolas written in conic form, including concepts such as the focus, vertex, and directrix of parabolas that open up, down, left, and right.
These no-prep resources include 5 lessons with guided notes, an exit ticket, a next-day warm-up, and 2 extra practice assignments per lesson. The unit also includes mid-unit and end-of-unit reviews, mid-unit and end-of-unit editable assessments, and concept organizers. Increase student engagement with 10 TEKS-aligned activities!
TEACHERS LOVE the worked-out keys included with the lessons notes. Feel confident delivering instruction on these sometimes tricky topics! It is a major time-saver if you don’t have quite enough time to create your own guided notes key for the day.
STUDENTS LOVE the reduced note-taking burden with the guided notes handouts. Fill-in-the-blank vocabulary improves the accuracy of students’ notes and frees up more time for showing mathematical steps.
TEACHERS LOVE the multiple versions of each practice worksheet, review, and assessment and they take full advantage of the EDITABLE versions of the mid-unit assessment form and unit test.
STUDENTS LOVE the complementary concept organizer that helps them organize concepts and procedures.
TEACHERS LOVE the pre-made exit tickets and next-day warm-ups that support skills from every lesson in the unit. Print 4-per-page or project on the board and record answers on scratch paper.
STUDENTS LOVE the variety of fun and engaging activities!
Most resources are in non-editable PDF format.
- Editable versions of the mid-unit assessment and test are also included in .docx format for MS Word.
- 5 digital activities compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom™ are included. (Printable versions of the digital activities are included in PDF format.)
- 3 paper-based activities in PDF format are included.
- 2 classroom-based activities in PowerPoint (.pptx) format are included.
UNIT 6 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LESSONS:
- convert standard form quadratic functions to vertex form by completing the square
- convert vertex form to standard by distributing
- identify key attributes of quadratic functions
- formulate equations of quadratic functions given at least three points
- using 3x3 systems of linear equation approach
- using quadratic regression with technology
- convert standard form quadratic functions to vertex form by completing the square in order to identify key attributes of quadratic functions within an applied context
- write equations of parabolas with the vertex at the origin given information such as the vertex, focus, directrix, and direction of opening
- write equations of parabolas with the vertex at (h, k) given information such as the vertex, focus, directrix, and direction of opening
EACH LESSON CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS:
- The Lesson Notes are designed for use as a note-taking guide combined with guided practice.
- Practice A and Practice B are suitable for use as in-class practice and homework. Two comparable forms are included for increased versatility.
- The Exit Ticket is designed for a quick concept check at the end of the class period.
- The Warm-Up is designed for next-day use to reinforce the previous day’s learning.
- One-page display versions of the exit ticket and warm-up are included. Display the PDF page on a screen for student viewing and have students record their responses on notebook paper or scratch paper to save on printing.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE IN UNIT 6 INCLUDE:
- 1 Concept Organizer offers a complementary alternative for note-taking or post-lesson concept reinforcement.
- The Mid-Unit Review (Forms A and B) provides an opportunity for students to practice the concepts they learned in the first part of the unit.
- The Mid-Unit Assessment (Forms A and B) may be used as a test, quiz, or daily assignment to meet the specific needs of your students. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
- The Unit Review (Forms A and B) helps students focus on the key concepts studied throughout the unit.
- The Unit Test (Forms A, B, and C) comes in two comparable multiple-choice forms (A and B) and one free-response form (C). The test key includes TEKS alignment for each question to facilitate easy data analysis. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
5 PAPER-BASED or CLASSROOM-BASED ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
- Quadratic Functions Task Cards Activity
- Parabolas (Conics) Task Cards Activity
- Personalized Parabolas (Conics) Poster Activity Guide
- Fact or Fiction Parabolas (Conics) Activity
- Parabolas and Quadratic Functions Game Show Activity
5 DIGITAL ACTIVITIES FOR GOOGLE SLIDES™ ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
(Each digital activity also includes a printable version.)
- Vertex and Standard Form Activity for Google Slides™
- Standard Form to Vertex Form Activity for Google Slides™
- Standard Form to Vertex Form Puzzle Activity for Google Slides™
- Equations of Parabolas (Conics) Activity for Google Slides™
- Focus and Directrix Puzzle Activity for Google Slides™
Please view the previews in the bundle section for more detail.
This unit and activity bundle is perfect for providing a complete TEKS-aligned unit or for supplementing existing resources. Use every resource or pick-and-choose from the many options to meet the needs of your students!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I am in love with this unit. I’m using the lesson pages and practice A for in class notes and practice B for homework. Everything is straight forward and easy to use. I have purchased unit 7. If it goes as well, I will probably buy the entire Alg2 curriculum. (I am a Texas teacher.)"
Supports Algebra 2 Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
Standards: 2A.4A, 2A.4B, 2A.4D, 2A.4E, 2A.7I
A note from Allison at Math Beach Solutions about standards alignment: This resource was designed from the ground up to provide ready-made resources for Texas teachers to implement to facilitate their students’ mastery of the Algebra 2 TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills TAC §111.40). A considerable effort has been made to ensure the TEKS are addressed thoroughly, but these resources will reflect my understanding of the TEKS. As always, continue to use your professional judgment and experience when lesson planning.
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the Texas Algebra 2 Curriculum to get all 12 units and activities. The curriculum lasts the entire year. It also includes an editable mid-term and editable final exam!
You may also like...
Looking for a long-term homework solution? Check out Algebra 2 Skill Spirals Review Workbook for a year-long solution for homework, warm-ups, or tutorial session resources. It supports the Texas Algebra 2 TEKS, too!
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Math Beach Solutions LLC.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.