Paragraph Revision Activity - Peer Review and Self Review Worksheets
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle contains peer feedback activities for presentations, informational writing, and creative writing. Use these throughout the year and mix-and-match them for different units. This resource also includes activities for self-reflection. (grades 6-10)What other teachers are saying...⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "MyPrice $4.79Original Price $7.75Save $2.96
Are you ready for students to give meaningful peer feedback and make effective editing choices? This paragraph revision activity helps students tackle high-order and low-order concerns for an introduction and body paragraph. This is the perfect peer review activity or self editing exercise.
✅ Informational and argumentative writing skills
✅ Sample paragraph included
✅ Paper or digital
✅ Low-prep day
✅ Grades 7-10
- Introduction Review Worksheet (peer & self)
- Paragraph Review Worksheet (peer & self)
- Fix it: Applicable aspects contain a “fix it” line for reviewers to fill out. This allows reviewers to give more targeted advice. Some examples of uses of this line are available in the example review.
- Model review paragraph
- Model review worksheet
- Digital version (Google Slides and Easel)
This paragraph revision resource contains four worksheets to help students generate feedback about body paragraphs and introductions. It also includes a sample paragraph and review. Students will complete a checklist about ten important aspects of the paragraph and then provide +/Δ feedback.
The ten aspects of the peer and self review are split into high-order and low-order concerns:
⭐️ Topic sentence
⭐️ Relation to thesis
⭐️ Supporting details
⭐️ Summary sentence
⭐️ Sentence Structure
⭐️ Word Choice
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “After many years of reading "Great job," I needed something new in the peer review department. My students were very engaged in this product.” -Jennifer M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is really great! Gets kids to think about writing review and the process in a completely different way. Recommend to all English teachers.” -Jesse B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Very clear, can be used for many different grade levels!” -Ruth S.
Did you know that you can towards future TpT purchases by reviewing paid products? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA