A two to three-week unit based on Common-Core Standards and designed to help students improve paragraph structure through daily bell ringers, practice activities, annotated examples, quizzes, and more.
TEN-MINUTE REVISION is a comprehensive writing, editing, and revision curriculum for high-school students. Using only the first ten minutes of each day, this unit will help students analyze effective paragraph structure and write or revise their own paragraphs with effective topic sentences and supporting details. Students practice revising selections from example essays for two weeks and then take a final quiz.
The daily bellwork activities come in an interactive PowerPoint perfect for a Smart Board or other interactive white boards. Answers and explanations are built in for every question. Also included is a PDF version of each bellwork for easy printing purposes.
In addition, the unit includes a grading rubric that can be used to evaluate any piece of student writing based on the skills taught in this unit. If you use more TMR units, the rubrics can be compiled so you can evaluate student essays from your class or from history, science, or other subjects based on all of the skills you have taught them during the year.
This 30-PLUS-PAGE UNIT includes everything you will need for up to three weeks of grammar instruction:
* 10 days of ten-minute bellwork practice activities, including daily Wordplay games
* 3 annotated examples that identify a spectrum of writing going from ineffective to effective to advanced
* 3 versions of a revision practice activity differentiated for students at different levels
* 1 guided writing practice activity that comes with 5 prompts
* 2 versions of a unit quiz, perfect for individual differentiation and complete with answer keys
* 1 classroom poster perfect for reminding students of the unit’s concepts
* 1 writing rubric for evaluating students’ use of the unit’s concepts in their own writing
* 1 teacher’s guide with unit objectives and links to Common Core Standards
Be sure to check out the second unit in the Ten-Minute Revision curriculum:
WORD CHOICE: Ten-Minute Revision Unit #2
PHRASES: Ten-Minute Revision Unit #3
CLAUSES: Ten-Minute Revision Unit #4
TMR units are based on my popular TEN-MINUTE GRAMMAR
products. If you are looking for curriculum for 7th or 8th graders, TMG would be more appropriate.
Also, if you enjoy the WORDPLAY activities in these TMR units, be sure to check out my other WORDPLAY PRODUCTS
Enjoy, and remember to WRITE A REVIEW!
Created by Arik Durfee