Do your students struggle with elaboration when writing? Mine certainly did, so I designed this practice activity that targets the skill of elaboration. In order to focus on elaboration only, students are given the topic and key (main) ideas on topics that most have background knowledge on. In my classes, students were given all of the topics so they could choose to work with topics within their own comfort level and schema.
Complete directions are included in the product, but in a nutshell here is the procedure:
1. Pair students
2. Students choose a topic to start with
3. Students work together to fill out the elaboration section of the graphic organizers
4. Students choose a new topic and fill out the elaboration section individually so you can assess their skill
8 ready-to-print topics are included in the two graphic organizer formats (see preview for examples). Blank templates are also included so you can personalize the topics for your students and extend learning as needed.
2 Posters are also included!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.