• I can identify and determine the meaning of new words using the context of what
I’m reading to help me.
• I can document what I learn about Colonial America by taking notes.
• I can make inferences using specific details from the text.
• I can write an informative/explanatory paragraph that has a clear topic sentence,
a body, and a conclusion.
• I can synthesize information I learn about religion in Colonial America from two
New York Common Core Standards:
I can explain what a text says using specific details from the text. (RI.4.1)
I can make inferences using specific details from the text. (RI.4.1)
I can synthesize information from two texts on the same topic. (RI.4.9)
I can use context to help me to determine what a word or phrase means. (L.4.4)
I can take notes and categorize information. (W.4.8)
I can write an informative/explanatory text. (W.4.2)
I can use the writing process to produce clear and coherent writing (with support). (W.4.5)