Paragraph of the Week teaches students how to write a complete and thorough paragraph over a week using daily, scaffolded writing practice.
The student should be given a topic on Monday and asked to write parts of the paragraph each day, going from brainstorming to the final copy.
There are 50 topics total which includes 10 of each of the following:
• Narrative – The student tells a story
• Descriptive – The student describes something in detail
• Persuasive – The student persuades the reader to their point of view
• How-To – The student explains how to do something
• Compare & Contrast – The student compares and contrasts two things
Each topic has five pages: one page that includes the entire week’s worth of assignments and four individual daily pages. If you choose to use the single page with the entire week’s worth of assignments, students can use notebook paper or a journal to complete their paragraph.
Also included in this resource:
• Sample paragraph writing pages
• Blank daily templates – if you choose to use your own topic
• Final draft writing papers – if you wish for students to display their paragraphs
This can be used as homework, in a writing center, during instruction, or any other time that would best fit the needs of your students.