Parallel Lines Transversals and Angles Stations Activity
Also included in
- Looking to add variety to your classroom? These middle school math stations are just what you need for your students to develop a deep understanding of mathematics. Includes stations in the topics of number systems, expressions, equations, functions, ratios, proportional relationships, probabilityPrice $67.00Original Price $98.00Save $31.00
- These 8th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. These cover various topics such as the Pythagorean theorem, rational and irrational number, solving equations with variables on both sides, parallel lines with transversals and moPrice $13.50Original Price $18.00Save $4.50
- Looking for ways to simplify planning while continuing to teach in-depth lessons? Then this 8th grade math curriculum and activities bundle is for you! This curriculum is aligned to the 8th grade common core standards. Each unit includes: guided notes, assessments/worksheets and activities such as:Price $200.00Original Price $339.00Save $139.00
- These 8th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. There are at least four stations in each set. The focus of these stations is for students to discover and apply mathematical principles. The students will delve into the mathemaPrice $30.00Original Price $42.00Save $12.00
- This transformations, parallel lines with transversals, and triangles unit includes notes, assessments, and activities. This is perfect for your students to dive into similarity and congruency, properties of parallel lines, and the angles of triangles. In-depth notes to teach and fun activities toPrice $20.00Original Price $29.50Save $9.50
- You are going to love these fun 8th grade math activities to supplement your curriculum. Stations, task cards, mystery pictures and more. These activities cover a variety of 7th grade math topics so that you can use them throughout the year. Check Out What's Included***BONUS FILE*** 8th Grade MathPrice $90.00Original Price $120.50Save $30.50
These parallel lines, transversals, and angles math stations dive into analyzing interior angles and exterior angles of triangles. Students will discover connections between these angles within a triangle. Students will also dive into transversals and parallel lines. Through a discovery activity students will notice connections about the angles formed between parallel lines and a transversal.
Use of a protractor is required with these math stations
The following stations are included:
- : Students will learn the difference between interior and exterior angles of a triangles. Students will also measure these angles with a protractor
- : Students will measure interior angles and exterior angles of triangles. They will discover the connection between an exterior angle and the two non-adjacent interior angles.
- : Students will measure the interior angles of triangles. They will discover the connection between the sum of the interior angles of a triangle.
- : Students will define the vocabulary associated with parallel lines cut by a transversal. They will measure the angles and discover the connection of the angles formed.
Each station will take about 15 – 20 minutes to complete. These would also be great to use as homework, group work or assessments. A recording sheet and answer sheet are included.
I used this for a review day and the kids loved it. It reviewed the topic perfectly and the students were easily able to go from one station to another.
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ Pythagorean Theorem Math Stations
▸ 8th Grade Math Geometry Common Core Mini Assessments
★ FOLLOW ME for more great products to make sense of math!
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math