Also included in
- These READY TO PRINT activities get students to actively discuss GEOMETRY PROOFS, without being afraid of making a mistake. These are perfect for PRACTICE or REVIEW!This is a bundle of my SEVEN proofs cut-out activities. Included are:1) Introductory Geometry Proofs Cut-Out Activity2) Parallel Li$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
Your students will love this HANDS-ON ACTIVITY! In this READY TO PRINT proofs activity, students will write three proofs about parallel and perpendicular lines.
In this activity, students will cut strips of paper and assemble them into two-column proofs. There are three proofs that deal with parallel lines with transversals and parallel and perpendicular lines. The theorems are given with theorem names or as the theorems are written out, depending on your preference. A "Hints Sheet" is given to help struggling students.
This activity could be used as an alternative assessment, a partner activity, or as a review before a test. I copy the student sheet on colored paper and let them hang their finished product.
Some of the proofs reasons used are listed below:
- Corresponding Angle Congruence Thm.
- Alternate Interior Angle Congruence Thm.
- Perpendicular Transversal Thm.
- Lines Perpendicular to a Transversal Thm.
A digital, interactive version of this activity can be found here. It is perfect for 1:1 classrooms!
This is part of my Geometry Proofs Cut-Out Bundle. Check it out!
You may also be interested in:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and products!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments please email me at: email@example.com.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. This item is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly forbidden. If you wish to share with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses.
© Copyright 2012 Mrs. E Teaches Math, LLC