Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.96 MB | 15 pages
Interesting and Informative nonfiction article activity & powerpoint.
Get kids excited about reading and language using this engaging QR code article!
Learn fun facts about uncommon languages while practicing common core ELA skills.
Perfect for beginning of year to introduce guided reading protocol and habits of strong readers.
Perfect for 45 - 75 minute block (depending on time spent on discussion, writing and bonus activities)
Print the QR code article ahead of time or engage students by having them access the nonfiction article in class using their smartphone devices!
File Includes (PPT & Handout in PDF & editable versions):
2. Bell Ringer (how to read for purpose)
3. Paraphrase Practice Page & Steps (can be used again & again)
4. Guided Read-Aloud Protocol (can be used again & again)
4. QR Code to Complete Article (with reading directions)
5. Post-Reading response Activity (Identify Subject, Argument, Details)
BONUS: Fun "primitive language" and weird vocabulary words to get kids excited about language.
- Guided Read Aloud
- Read for a Purpose & Meaning
- Identify & Paraphrase Relevant Details (with exemplar and steps)
- Summarize Main Idea & Argument
Get excited about reading and language while you practice common core standards for reading informational texts using engaging QR codes!