Paraphrasing print, digital, and spoken text can be quite challenging for elementary students. This resource offers teachers a simple strategy to help their students master paraphrasing. Use this lesson by itself or combine it with any research project you might already be doing with students.
Included in this product:
• Step-by-step Strategy Lesson Plan
• Foldable (can be used with interactive notebooks)
• Practice Worksheet
• Teaching Slides (flattened PowerPoint)
The foldable will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook.
You will receive a .zip file containing everything – the Teaching Slides are a separate file since they are used directly with students. I recommend you either display the Teaching Slides via a whiteboard or document camera. Please ensure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
Here is some of the great feedback buyers have said about this resource:
• "My students loved this lesson. The slides were easy to follow and the lesson lead into paraphrasing information for a biography project. Thanks for a great resource!"
• "This is such a difficult task to teach. Your product breaks the skill down wonderfully! Thank you!"
• "This lesson was wonderful! It was easy to implement, and my students really understood the concept of paraphrasing! This is a must buy before teaching any research project!"
- Use this product for your own classroom and your own students
- Share the files digitally only with your students
- Upload to Google Classroom to use with the students in your classroom
You May Not:
- Share these files with anyone other than your students
- Upload any part of these files to a website for others to download or stored on a page where others will have access to it
- Store any part of this product on a shared drive
- Use any part of this resource, including graphics and/or formulas, to create any type of resource (free or paid)
- Links MAY NOT be placed on a school webpage that is not password protected
Remember - leaving feedback earns you points toward TpT purchases. Also, follow me and be notified when new products are published.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator