Teaching students to put informational text into their own words can be challenging! This resource is all about teaching your students how to paraphrase!
* Please note that this product is NOT editable!
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
- Color and black & white bookmarks that outline the steps to paraphrasing and strategies to use when putting text into your own words.
- 5 Posters that mirror the steps to paraphrasing from the bookmarks and the strategies.
- 1 Graphic Organizer to use during whole group, small group, or individual work. The organizer asks students to record the text and then paraphrase the information in their own words.
- Print, cut, and laminate the bookmarks to ensure durability. Distribute to your students to refer back to while they are researching. Print the black & white version on colored paper for an ink-saver!
- Print and laminate the paraphrasing posters. Hang them around your room or glue on chart paper to make an anchor chart!
- Print the graphic organizer to use during whole group modeling or small group work. Students can also use the organizer when researching independently.
If you need help using this product, please contact me! I would love to see the product in action!
Follow me on Instagram @thirdgradegoals for product alerts!
Enjoy this product with your students! :)