Also included in
- This Research Paper Writing Bundle includes lessons on paraphrasing, quoting, summarizing, 8th edition MLA format and citations, research paper writing, and academic vocabulary. This Research Paper Writing Unit Bundle is includes everything you will need to help your students master research writing$18.99$31.50Save $12.51
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$69.99$88.97Save $18.98
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
- Teach your students how to properly paraphrase, quote, and summarize text with both interactive Google slides and direct instruction with an editable PowerPoint presentation. The digital SMARTePlans version includes: - ePlan teacher instructions (GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive) - a link to 14$9.99$12.00Save $2.01
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
Paraphrase, Quote, Summarize: Teach your students how to paraphrase, quote, and summarize text with this mini-unit. Your students will learn the differences between paraphrasing, quoting, and summarizing, and when to use each one in their writing.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 27 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials, classroom activities, and student reference sheets.
The PowerPoint teaches students about paraphrasing, quoting, and summarizing. The PowerPoint includes color-coded examples for how to properly introduce and cite a quote and a quick quiz at the end of the presentations to check student understanding.
The supplementary material includes:
- A standards-based unit outline that includes instruction for 3+ days
- Three informational text activities to help enhance students' paraphrasing, quoting, and summarizing abilities
- A full-text informational passages (The Gettysburg Address and the Preamble to the US Constitution)
- An excerpt text handout from President Barack Obama's first inaugural address with a link to the video and full text version
- Two helpful student handouts that can be used all year long
Going digital? The COMBO lesson also includes interactive Google Slides!
*****This resource is included in THREE different bundles*****
Other research and explanatory writing lessons that might interest you:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, Ethos, Pathos, Logos, Argumentative Writing Unit, Argument Writing, Argument Essay, Argumentative Essay