Paraphrasing is an essential skill for many types of writing, but a difficult one to master. Each of these 32 paraphrasing task cards features a different fun fact sentence for students to paraphrase. Paraphrasing a single sentence is a great way to introduce this challenging skill. Although the examples in the sample answer key are also one sentence, you may want to allow your students to use two or even three sentences. Additional support material is also included with the cards.
Contents of this set include:
• A PARAphrase it reference poster
• 32 Fun Facts Sentence Task Cards
• A cover card and 3 challenge cards to extend the learning
• Sample answer keys (answers will vary)
• 3 different student response sheets
Paraphrasing Task Cards for grades 4-8 are available here.
Other great products:
• Task Card Bundle
• Inference (grades 1-2)
• What am I? (Inference)
• Paraphrase It! (Beginning set)
• Reading Fluency Primary (narrative and dialogue)
• Brain Breaks
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.