Parent Functions and Transformations (Algebra 2 Curriculum - Unit 3)
The purpose of this unit is to provide the foundation for the parent functions, with a particular focus on the linear, absolute value, and quadratic function families. A chart is provided with all the parent functions that can be used throughout future units. This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, two quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Piecewise Functions
• Greatest Integer Functions
• Graphing Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities by Table
• Parent Functions
• Vertex Form of an Absolute Value Equation; Graphing using Transformations
• Quadratic Functions Review: Parts of the Parabola, Axis of Symmetry, Vertex, Minimum, Maximum
• Graphing Quadratic Equations and Inequalities written in Standard Form
• Graphing Quadratic Equations and Inequalities written in Vertex Form
• Converting Quadratic Equations written in Standard Form to Vertex Form (Completing the Square)
• Parent Functions Review - Linear, Absolute Value, and Quadratic. Identifying special characteristics including domain, range, number of zeros, end behavior, increasing/decreasing intervals
Please download the preview to see a sample outline along with a collage of some of the pages.
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE! Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Algebra 2 Units:
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.