Recently I met with a few parents whose children are struggling in my Kindergarten class.
I´ve come to realize that most parents want to help their children at home, however some simply do not know how.
Therefore I came up with a plan of action.
• I invited five parents
• Printed out books from reading AtoZ (10 different books on level A). The parents stayed after our little meeting to cut and put the books together.
• 2 sets of high frequency words- showed them how to play games with them
• DVD- with YouTube songs that we do in class
• Two different syllables games
• The Estrellita chart. I’m sure most of you have heard of this program.
The parents seemed very appreciative. Once they felt comfortable they opened up and we had productive conversations.
I hope this helps you, your students and parents!