This Parent Night activity is a go-to presentation about success. During my last Parent Night, the administrators at my school asked teachers to deliver a mini lesson to parents to give them a sense of a day in the life of a student. I came up with this idea to do a mini lesson on what it means to be successful, emphasizing a partnership between the parent, student and teacher to build success. This resource includes:
• A welcome page for Parent Night.
• A brainstorming handout to write key words about success.
• A video link to Richard St. John’s TED Talk about success.
• Instructions for parents to write a letter about the hopes and dreams for their child.
• A letter template.
I found Richard St. John’s TED Talk very inspiring and this Parent Night activity generated plenty of positive discussion. Students excitedly told me about receiving a special letter from Mom or Dad after Parent Night.
A Note From Me:
I love making products for high school students that are creative, engaging and fun to use in the classroom. It is my sincere hope that you find this product useful. Please check out some of my other resources at Allyson’s Creative Corner.
Happy by Pharrell Williams: A Literary Analysis of the Hit Song & Fun Activities
Life in Six Words Memoirs - Creative Writing
Persepolis Task Cards
Click on the green star next to my store logo above for product updates. Thank you for following my store.
Your feedback is important. Please leave a rating and comments to earn valuable TPT credits for future purchases.
How to Rate This Resource:
• Go to My Purchases.
*You may need to log in.
• Look for the Provide Feedback
button beside each purchase.
• Once you click on the Provide Feedback button, you may leave a rating and a short comment.
• Each time you leave feedback, TPT gives you credits for you to use to lower the cost of future purchases.
Allyson's Creative Corner
Thanks again for visiting my store!