These worksheets are copies of organization sheets I've used in preparation for Parent Teacher conferences designed to help organize your P/T appointments. Since start/end times for Parent/Teacher conferences vary, this document was created using Microsoft Word and should be easily editable for your individual needs. It includes:
• A note/message to parents that briefly explains how to select their top three (3) appointment times to meet with you, with the times available, in 5 and 10 minute increments. Two (2) extra time slots are available for afternoon/evening appointments if you wish to extend the time. Once again, this document is editable to meet your needs.
• Below the note/message are the afternoon and evening time slots available.
• A worksheet where you can write down the student/parent names next to the time slot with a check-off for those that make their appointments.
• Make copies of the letter/appointment selection sheet for the number of students in your class or for the number of students/parents you expect to see during Parent/Teacher Conference day.
• Make several copies of the appointment organization sheet: one(1) for your “sloppy copy” which you should finalize to keep for your records; one (1) that you can post outside your door so that parents can see your appointments and perhaps sign-in for an available time-slot.
First Come/First Serve – I recommend collecting the papers first thing in the morning or during the time you collect documents/homework from your students.
• Without looking at names, place all the returned appointment selection sheets in a pile.
• Using your appointment organization sheet, prepare to assign the student/parent to their first choice selection.
• If the appointment time is open, use a hi-lighter and hi-light the first choice on each sheet, then write the student/parent name on the line that corresponds to the appointment time on the organization sheet provided.
• When the timeslot is already taken, hi-light the second choice, then write the student/parent name on the organization sheet. Repeat the steps for the third choice, if necessary.
• Important: The appointment sheet should then be returned to the parent/guardian with the hi-lighted appointment time. I recommend placing your initials and date next to the hi-lighted appointment time. You will have recorded the student/parent’s name on your log-in sheet and if a parent returns with the appointment sheet, your hi-light and initials will correspond with your appointment sheet.
Pages 2 & 3 are examples of how to use the memo and organization sheets. Pages 4 & 5 are your editable copies. Page 6 is a simple reminder letter for those parents that missed P/T/C
Here’s to a great conference!