This detailed and engaging lesson enables students to define and exemplify parenthesis, to understand how parenthesis is used grammatically correctly, and to use parenthesis for clarity and effect in their own writing.
Students learn through a number of fun and interactive tasks, which enable them to:
- Define and exemplify parenthesis;
- Understand which punctuation marks are used to signal parenthesis;
- Identify the parenthesis in a range of different sentences;
- Understand and analyse how parenthesis can be used accurately, and for clarity and effect;
- Create a written piece using parenthesis to add detail and clarity to their own writing.
The resources include:
-Visually engaging and comprehensive whole-lesson presentation;
-A model example and analysis worksheet;
-A challenging worksheet (and answer sheet)
-Step-by-step lesson plan.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final page of the slide.