This resource is Part 1 of the “Google for Grammar” bundle Grades 9-12; however, 8th graders can use it, too. It covers the parts of a sentence. There are twelve Google forms: one pre-assessment to assess your students' strengths and weaknesses before beginning the unit, one review that can also be used as post-assessment, and ten forms with lessons that can be used throughout the year as bell-ringers, homework, and quick assessments. When used with the whole bundle, these lessons cover the Common Core language standards L.1 and L.2 that students are supposed to learn in grades 1- 8.
• Compatible with all devices
• Complete Subjects and Predicates
• Simple Subjects
• Simple Predicates
• Verb Phrases
• Compound Sentence Parts
• Identifying Kinds of Sentences
• Subjects in Unusual Order
• Subject Complements
• Objects of Verbs
• Fragments and Run-Ons
These forms will work on all devices that can open Google Forms. The Google Forms are editable and are set to use the Google Quiz feature. No answer key is provided; however, the forms have the answers already. The forms can be printed for students who do not have devices.
This download includes:
• Links to two Google spreadsheets. The spreadsheets contain links to 12 Google forms for you to copy into your Google Drive.
• One set has the forms with lessons so that the students can read the lesson first, and then do the form. The other set has the forms without the lessons. The forms contain the same questions as the ones with lessons, but can be used as assessments.
• Microsoft Word documents of all the lessons that are editable.
• PDF documents of all the lessons.
• Instructions for accessing forms, changing the settings in Google Forms, sending them to students, putting them in Google Classroom, gathering responses, scoring, and links to additional help.
Google forms utilize free web and app resources, so there may be rare times that the technology does not work as planned. I have spent numerous hours rereading these forms and documents. If you happen to find an error, please email me so I can fix it as soon as possible.
These materials were prepared by Luanne Blick and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original LANGUAGE NETWORK: Grammar, Usage, and Mechanic Book work on which this material is based.
Google and Google Apps are trademarks of Google Inc. © 2017 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Learning With Lulu is not affiliated with and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Google Inc.