This activity focuses on helping students compose numbers, count objects, and then work together on finding the missing addend which completes the whole. When students are ready, they can also move to constructing a number sentence to match.
How will they be useful??
• Math stations
• Small groups
• Easy to differentiate with the varying levels of cards
• Math nights
• Send home with parents to play
So how does this work??
• Students start by selecting a mat (let's use the pumpkin as an example)
• The teacher provides wrapped candy or fall colored pom-poms...whatever would make it fun
• The student draws a part-part-whole card
• The first student composes the amount on the pumpkin
• Both students then work together to decide how many more would need to be added to the second pumpkin in order to complete the whole number listed at the top of the card
What skills do they cover?? (Each card set focuses on a different skill)
• Base ten
Please ask questions before purchasing. Don't forget to rate this product and earn your TPT credits! Thank you and God bless!!