Your students will love
this highly interactive
Partial Product lesson, and you will love
the minimal preparation and ease of use!
This lesson can stand alone, or be used in conjunction with my Partial Product Multiplication YouTube instructional video
! I created both the lesson plan and video to work hand-in-hand to support student engagement, knowledge, and achievement!
The lesson plan is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and the Ontario Math Curriculum Expectations. By the end of the lesson, students will:
1. Demonstrate that they are reflecting on and monitoring their thinking to help clarify their understanding;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of expanded form and the distributive property by breaking one or more factors into addends;
3. Solve problems involving the multiplication of multi-digit whole numbers using partial products;
4. Apply partial product multiplication to a variety of situations including complex, multi-step problem-solving situations, explorations, and investigations.
Lesson Package Includes:
Complete lesson plan detailing the following:
• Learning goals
• Common Core State Standards
• Ontario Curriculum Expectations
• Lesson materials
• Preparation requirements (minimal!)
• Connections to prior knowledge and skills
• Common misunderstandings and misconceptions
• Mini-lesson includes:
o Minds-On whole-class discussion and questions to prepare students for the upcoming lesson
o Action! YouTube video instruction, Interactive partner activity, partner and individual practice opportunities
o Consolidation/ Debrief whole-class and partner review
• Modification and Differentiation considerations
• Take-away/ Review/ Homework Activity, including a reflective journal with guiding questions
• Assessment tools
• Next Steps for learning
• Teacher self-reflection tool
The lesson package also includes appendices containing:
• Minds-On questions
• Partial Product Apply Your Knowledge questions
• Extra Practice/ Differentiation questions
• Journal response questions for reflection
• Teacher answer sheets for the entire lesson (not just the student hand-outs!)
The approximate lesson length is 60 minutes, but can easily be extended or divided into multiple lessons.
You might be interested in:
: Area Model MultiplicationFREE
digital download: Math Lesson Plan Template
Other Math Resources by EJFullerton: Order of Operations Math Lesson Plan
Follow EJFullerton on social media:
Visit my website for additional information, resources, and my educational blog!
View my Partial Product Multiplication video lesson here: Partial Product MultiplicationNote:
The Partial Product Multiplication YouTube video is free to everyone and is not included in the sale price of this product, nor is it part of this product package.