Help your students understand how to identify and use participles as adjectives/verbals.
Task cards help them apply new skills to their own writing.
This resource includes:
* daily lesson plans
* student notes reviewing forms of verbs
* student notes for participles and punctuating participles
* practice identifying past and present participle in writing
* practice writing sentences that include participles as adjectives
* sentence analysis
* 8 task cards that provide practice for students to apply participles in their own writing
* review -- distinguishing participles as predicates and as verbals
* summative assessment
* student self-assessment
* teacher checklist
* answer key
* see it all in the preview!
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ ready to use -- print and teach!
♥ step-by-step lessons make sure students understand the basics before moving forward
♥ daily lesson plans - perfect for the sub!
♥ creative writing task cards -- challenge students to apply their knowledge
♥ participles "in the wild" show students how real writers use them
♥ task cards make a great assessment -- rubric included!
Teaching verbals? Save money with this bundle:
Participles, Gerunds, and Infinitives-- Bundle
You might also be interested in:
♥How to Find the Parts of the Sentence
Love free stuff? Click on the green star to be the first to hear about new freebies, sales, and products.
I read and respond to all feedback, and I love hearing how you use my resources in your class. Earn that TPT credit when you leave feedback, too!
Questions? I've got answers (let's hope they match!!). Leave me a message in the Q&A below, and I'll get right back to you!