This bundle contains everything you need to teach participles and their functions. There are multiple activities to help your students practice at a variety of levels until they are able to reach mastery of this challenging standard. This lesson is aligned with the common core standard on verbals.
Explain the function of verbals (gerunds, PARTICIPLES, infinitives) in general and their function in particular sentences.
This bundle includes the following:
1. An instructional PowerPoint with guided and independent
practice built into the presentation. (make sure you view the
PowerPoint prior to instruction as it contains multiple animations.)
2. A student notes page which follows the PowerPoint.
3. A set of 40 Task Cards to help your students practice
independently, with partners, or in small groups.
4. Two Worksheets:
a. Worksheet 1 - Students practice identifying the basic participle
b. Worksheet 2 - This activity moves your students to the next
level of identifying participial phrases.
5. An assessment that tests students on all skills covered on the
6. Complete set of answer keys for all activities.
The items included in this bundle are also available separately at our store.