Particle Theory and Classification of Matter-Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
Also included in
- The Particle Theory 5E Lesson Bundle. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or almost completely self-contained meaPrice $16.97Original Price $27.88Save $10.91
- This science package includes lessons and activities for SC.7-5. The Chemical Nature of Matter. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use in my own classroom. SC.7-5. The Chemical Nature of Matter: The student will demonstrate an understanding of the classifications and pPrice $56.97Original Price $113.33Save $56.36
- This chemistry package includes a complete resource set for a Chemistry introductory unit on Atoms, Elements, and Compounds. The unit will save you over 90% compared with purchasing each product separately as there are over 25 resources included inside this bundle.This unit includes both Office andPrice $43.47Original Price $66.04Save $22.57
2 DAY Lesson Package on the Particle Theory and Classification of Matter. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check student understanding, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with 2 worksheets (answer included).
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions of the lesson
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- 2 Student worksheets
- Student lesson handout
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my The Particle Theory - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
In order, the lesson covers:
- The 5 Particle Theory Rules
- Matter review
- Pure Substances
- Elements & Compounds
- Mixtures -- Homogeneous & Heterogeneous
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
- "Very student-friendly presentation."
- "An excellent resource, saved me loads of time, thanks!!"
- "Excellent resource. Thank you!"
- "Worth the money"
- "Used for class and was easy for students to follow and understand."
The individual Chemistry Unit Lessons can be accessed below.
Lesson 1 - Physical and Chemical Properties and Changes
Lesson 2 - The GUESS method of problem-solving
Lesson 4 - Particle Theory and Classification of Matter
Lesson 5 - Atomic Theory - The History of the Atom
Lesson 6 - Atomic Structure and Notation
Lesson 9 - Chemical Symbols, Formulas and Compounds Introduction
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.