This ActivInspire Flipchart lesson introduces the concept of Partitive Articles in French (de la, du, des, de l'). In this lesson, I also utilize food vocabulary (la nourriture). This is perfect for your French I students, and it includes over 6 slides of practice sentences!
The lesson progresses through the following topics:
1. Review: Definite Articles
2. Partitive Articles: What are they?
3. Partitive Articles: Explanation in English + examples
4. How they work in French: de + definite article
5. Contractions with de: review
6. Putting it all together: the partitive equations to talk about quantity
7. Video link
8. Practice sentences: 8 examples using food quantities
9. Additional 6 food examples using photos
10. 8 example sentences: writing sentences from French--English
11. 8 example sentences: writing from English-French
12. Verbs that aren't used with partitive
13. Plus several more slides of practice and information!
**This lesson coordinates with Chapter 7 of the Bon Voyage, Level One, series