Partner Power activities are nice because each student solves a different set of problems and must do his/her own work, but when the partners compare answers they should be the same. This helps students build confidence as they verify correct solutions, identify errors, and correct their work. Discussions between partners are often great learning opportunities!
This lesson focuses on solving one step equations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with positive and negative integers. No fractions or decimals are included.
Check out some related activities:
- One Step Equations with Mixed Operations and Negatives Color by Number
- One Step Equations with Multiplication and Division Color by Number with Negatives
- Partner Power: One Step Equations with Addition and Subtraction
- One Step Equation Task Cards
- One Step Equations with Mixed Operations Color by Number
- Partner Power: One Step Equations with Mixed Operations