Introducing poetry units can become difficult when students have only ever been exposed to Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein. Good News! This unit can assist you though the use of great mentor examples, discussion prompts, and FUN...
* These pages include examples of concrete poems, alliteration, and onomatopoeia by using imagery and sensory words!
* There are two informal mini-lessons with a final, concluding worksheet.
* CCS compatible!
* Questions have been included for furthering discussion!
* To complete each task students can work as a whole class with teacher guidance, in small groups, or independently!
* These examples and ideas can easily be introduced through the gradual release of responsibility model (GRR)
* Coordinates perfectly with the book "Love that Dog" by Sharon Creech!
***Please contact me with any further questions you may have, modifications I could make, or errors I can fix! I would also be honored to alter any of my items to better suit the needs for your personal classroom and teaching environment!