Learning the parts of speech has never been so fun! This activity pack includes sorting activities for 9 parts of speech (nouns, verbs, prepositions, adjectives, pronouns, articles, conjunctions, adverbs, and interjections). Also included are reference posters to help students when sorting the parts of speech cards. Other activities included are sorting proper & common nouns as well as action & state-of-being verbs.
UPDATE on 1/4/17... I fixed one page that had the incorrect definition for conjunction. Please re-download for the correct version. Thanks!
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE:
1. Print and laminate the pieces.
2. Use in groups, centers, pocket charts, or one-on-one with students.
3. If your students are advanced, try having them sort ALL of the parts of speech at once.
4. Give students who are just starting out only two parts of speech to sort, rather than all of them.
5. If you’re learning one specific part of speech, use those cards as a reference for students to memorize.
6. When learning nouns, have students sort common and proper nouns.
7. When learning verbs, have students sort action and state of being verbs.
8. Use the parts of speech charts that are included as a reference. (Place at the center station if you are doing centers)
INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD:
- Parts of Speech Chart 1
- Parts of Speech Chart 2
- Sorting Headers for nouns, verbs, prepositions, adjectives
- Sorting Headers for pronouns, articles, conjunctions, adverbs, & interjections.
- Sorting Headers for Common & Proper Nouns
- Sorting Headers for Action & State of Being Verbs
- 10 Noun Sorting Cards
- 10 Verb Sorting Cards
- 6 Preposition Sorting Cards
- 7 Adjective Sorting Cards
- 8 Pronoun Sorting Cards
- 3 Article Sorting cards
- 4 Adverb Sorting Cards
- 4 Conjunction Sorting Cards
- 4 Interjection Sorting Cards
- Two Pages of Answer Keys
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!
VISIT MY BLOG