Practice nouns, verbs, and adjectives with a fun bingo game and word sort. Students create their own bingo cards either by writing or by cutting out and attaching 24 choices onto a blank card. They identify a part of speech in a sentence read aloud. Bingo works well for the whole class or small groups. The word sort includes 30 sentence cards. Students identify the part of speech of the underlined word, sort each card, then fill out a chart. This makes a great learning center.
The sentences are the same for both activities. I often let my students use notes while playing bingo, so a Christmas coloring page of vocabulary words and definitions is also included.
Here is what you get when you purchase this resource:
• Christmas vocabulary coloring page printable (1 page)
• Write-the-words card (1 page)
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 word choices (1 page)
• Blank bingo card (1 page)
• 30 calling cards with sentences (4 pages)
• Bingo answer key (1 page)
• Sentence cards for parts of speech sorting (4 pages)
• Nouns, verbs, and adjectives sorting & recording chart (1 page)
• Word sort answer key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
artificial, bake, carols, celebrate, chimney, dash, decorate, elves, evergreen, exchange, gather, gingerbread, greet, holly, icicles, jolly, joyful, merry, naughty, ornaments, poinsettia, presents, purchase, reindeer, sing, sleigh, snowy, stocking, unwrap, wreath
HINT: You can use a free online bingo card generator if you like my word list and calling cards, but do not have the time for students to make their own bingo cards.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Check out Bingo Games
for building vocabulary, practice, review & test prep.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!