Grammar Police covers nouns, pronouns, and verbs. This is an interactive way to get students up and moving while focusing on using parts of speech correctly in sentences. Students will become police officers and issue citations to villains who have written sentences incorrectly. This activity is aligned to 3rd grade Common Core Standards. However, it can easily serve as a review for additional grade levels. Because it covers so many standards at once and requires critical thinking skills, it works best after nouns, pronouns, and verbs have been covered thoroughly. A ten question quiz is included to hold students accountable after the game has been played.
Common Core Grammar Concepts Covered:
- Plural Nouns
- Singular Nouns
- Possessive Nouns
- Common Nouns
- Proper Nouns
This activity includes:
- Printable badges for students to wear
- Easily printed tickets/citations for students to complete
- 24 different villain cards
- 10 question quiz
- Teacher Key
- 2 models to demonstrate to students how to easily complete the citations
- Color and black and white versions
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
Other Products Available In My Store:
Grammar Exit Tickets
Grammar Anchor Chart Bundle
Noun Unit with Activities and Assessments
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!