As much as I hope my middle schoolers remember the parts of speech, that isn't always true. To refresh their memory this activity gets students thinking about the parts of speech in a focused way that incorporates choice.
- define each part of speech
- find or think of words that carry that part of speech
- identify words within a sentence of his/her writing that have the specific part of speech
- To increase the rigor, students get to choose a specific theme for the activity (basketball, Riverdale, dogs, Fortnite, etc.). All tasks of the activity must fit within the theme.
- For example, if a student chooses Riverdale:
- they must define nouns
- think of nouns that relate to Riverdale
- identify the nouns in their own sentence that relate to Riverdale
- a black & white copy
- a color copy
- a digital copy for Google Drive
Parts of Speech Digital Breakout
Follow me to be notified when new products are uploaded!