Parts of Speech Trading Cards and Word Wall! Make studying the parts of speech FUN! *Use these whole group, in literacy centers, with partners, or individually. This is a set of 8 “parts of speech” trading cards that you can use with your students when teaching grammar. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them. I’ve also included an enlarged set of these cards that you can post in your room as a parts of speech word wall or bulletin board. This product is also available with three other ELA products in the Common Core ELA Vocabulary Cards Bundle
English + Spanish (A Spanish Parts of Speech version is now included for FREE)
This Parts of Speech Set includes:
• 8 parts of speech trading cards with the word and picture on the front and its function/job, word examples and the words used in an example sentence on the back.
• The same 8 parts of speech cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and space to write their own definitions and examples.
• The same 8 blank card templates for students to create their own original cards.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their parts of speech cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these parts of speech flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• An enlarged set of these cards that you can post in your room as a parts of speech word wall or bulletin board.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
• Spanish Parts of Speech set now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students
I print these parts of speech flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper. The front of each card has the part of speech and a picture to help remember it. The back has its function/job, example words, and example sentences with the part of speech in them.
The parts of speech included in this set of cards are:
Here are some related products to "parts of speech":
Common Core ELA Vocabulary Bundle
- Best Deal: Save $8.50!
Punctuation Cards and Word Wall
Capitalization Rules Trading Cards and Bulletin Board
Reading Strategy Cards and Bulletin Board
Check out my other ELA
Leaving Feedback = TPT Credits!
•Go to your “My Purchases” page and rate all of the products you’ve purchased to easily earn credits toward future purchases!
Be the first to know about freebies, discounts and new products!
•Click the green start above to become a follower.
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other trading cards in my store
Parts of Speech Trading Cards and Word Wall
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License