Parts of Speech Trading Cards! 8 cards that engage students when learning parts of speech using fun, hands-on trading cards. This is a set of Parts of Speech Trading Cards that you can use with your students when teaching grammar. I created them to be used as flashcards or task cards and my students LOVE using them. You can also find this and 15 other ELA products bundled together here
for a HUGE savings!
This Parts of Speech set includes:
• 8 parts of speech trading cards with the word and picture on the front and its function/job, word examples and the words used in an example sentence on the back.
• The same 8 parts of speech cards that can be used as task cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and space to write their own definitions and examples.
• The same 8 blank card templates for students to create their own original cards.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their parts of speech cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these parts of speech flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
I print these parts of speech flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper. The front of each card has the part of speech and a picture to help remember it. The back has its function/job, example words, and example sentences with the part of speech in them.
The parts of speech included in this set of cards are:
Here are some related parts of speech products:
Common Core ELA Vocabulary Bundle
- Best Deal: Save $8.50!
Parts of Speech Trading Cards and Word Wall
Punctuation Cards and Word Wall
Capitalization Rules Trading Cards and Bulletin Board
Reading Strategy Cards and Bulletin Board
Check out my other ELA
Thanks for looking at these Parts of Speech Trading Cards and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Parts of Speech Trading Cards
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License