Students will review the building blocks of the English language, the parts of speech, to prepare them for more complex language concepts, like verbals, clauses, punctuation, and sentence variety.
Teaching parts of speech to your middle or high school students? All students - middle and high school students included - can use a quick review of the building blocks of the English language..the eight parts of speech...before moving on to more complex grammatical concepts.
This parts of speech unit is perfect for laying the foundation for your grammar instruction. Use it in isolation, or use it to complement your existing materials.
With this parts of speech grammar bundle, you will receive:
1. An editable presentation you can use to review the parts of speech
2. Reference posters that can be used as student note pages or decor
3. 14 practice exercises with answer keys
4. 28 task cards with answer keys
5. An editable parts of speech game
6. An editable parts of speech pre-test and post-test assessment
7. An editable parts of speech mind map culminating project and rubric
8. Suggested use and order
This parts of speech grammar unit is unique in that it offers differentiation through a variety of practice activities, exercises, and assessments. After introducing the concepts via direct instruction, lead students through guided practice exercises, and finally ask them to work collaboratively through the material in stations. Scaffolding instruction is the best way to get students to independently practice and understand the concepts.
Looking for grammar instruction materials to complement this parts of speech bundle? You might be interested in...
Find more grammar teaching resources for middle and high school here.
Let's stay connected for updates, sales, new products, and teaching ideas!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.