These Parts of Speech activities cover nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs using a "superhero" theme. Too much ink? Blackline Masters are included for posters and sort headings.
*Updated August 2014
• A brief one page explanation of nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. This can be placed in a literacy center if using these activities as a center activity.
• Four Parts of Speech Posters
• “Superhero Sort”: 32 words will be sorted according to parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs). Also included are sort headings and answer key.
• A worksheet: students will color a superhero word according to its part of speech.
• A worksheet: students will write a description of their superheroes by filling in the blanks with parts of speech. Three templates are included for students to illustrate according to their descriptions (one boy, one girl, one blank.)
• “Superhero Poetry”: Directions to create a “superhero” poem using parts of speech, including a template for poem and a brainstorming chart.
Check out the Preview for a better look!