Parts of a Book Library Lesson -- Library Skills -- Storytime Activities
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Your first 10 weeks of elementary library lessons are planned! This bundle of 10 Autumn Library Storytimes includes back to school and fall library lessons for K-3. Themes include Welcome to the Library, Friendship, Library Book Care, Parts of a Book, and more! Save 20% when you buy the bundle!ThePrice $57.60Original Price $72.00Save $14.40
- Your elementary library lessons and storytimes are DONE for the entire school year! This huge elementary library lesson bundle includes 45 presentations in both PPT and Google Slides. Includes library skills, vocabulary words, idioms, would you rathers, trivia questions, and much more!All library lePrice $217.70Original Price $311.00Save $93.30
This Parts of a Book Library Lesson teaches core library skills for lower elementary students! The presentation slides walk you through a storytime discussion of book parts, including title, author, illustrator, spine, call number, title page, copyright date, and publisher.
Click above to see more information than the thumbnail show!
- new elementary librarians
- elementary librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don't have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades K-2
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 37-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of 15 recommended Body Parts themed read-alouds (1 page)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page)
- Editable lesson Plan + AASL, CC, and TEKS (4 pages)
- Directions for using this lesson with the Specials rotation
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages)
- Storytime song: "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"--includes a slide with lyrics and pictures + YouTube link for motions and song in case you do not know it.
- Video links to "body" and various body parts in American Sign Language
- Slides for guided discussion of book parts: front cover, back cover, title, author, illustrator, spine, call number, title page, copyright date, and publisher. Use as many or as few as you like!
- All slides are illustrated with brightly-colored, high-resolution clipart and photos for K-2.
- "Our School Nurse" Spotlight
- 2 vocabulary words: (bone) and
- Fun facts about eyes, tongue, hair, fingers, brain, fingernails, teeth, nasal hair, nasal mucus, and butterfly proboscis
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.