Parts of an Atom Hands on Activity
Also included in
- Teach students about atoms and elements using these print and digital activities. Students will learn about the parts of an atom ( proton, neutron, electron, and nucleus ) and elements through print, digital, and hands on activities. This atoms and elements unit includes activities to bring abstractPrice $15.40Original Price $19.25Save $3.85
- Looking for a science curriculum to last all school year that will help you teach your physical science, life science, Earth science, and chemistry units? Check out everything this science curriculum has to offer. This year-long science curriculum includes science texts, hands-on activities, classroPrice $326.71Original Price $363.01Save $36.30
- Teach your students about chemistry using these materials that will allow students to read to learn about chemistry concepts and practice what they learned. This Chemistry Bundle includes states of matter, physical and chemical changes, atoms, elements, and the periodic table. This chemistry bundlePrice $100.60Original Price $125.75Save $25.15
Teaching about the atomic structure can be difficult for our students, so let them learn about the parts of an atom in a hands on way. Allow students to demonstrate their knowledge of protons, neutrons, and electrons through the use of tactile objects that you have in your classroom! This atoms lesson includes a hands on activity to teach the parts of an atom, a digital review game, and a coloring sheet.
Like this atomic structure lesson? Save 20% on the unit by clicking here.
- Demonstrate their ability to identify the parts of an atom (proton, neutron, electron, nucleus) and their charges.
- Confirm their ability to arrange the electrons around the atom as indicated by Niels Bohr
- Determine the atomic number and mass based on the information given to them about an atom.
- Teacher instructions and tips
- Student worksheets for two activities
- Includes directions for students to build their atoms using supplies that you provide (food or creative classroom materials).
- Illustration page for your students to show what they created.
- Practice examples for students to demonstrate their ability to identify protons, neutrons, electrons, their charges, and the overall charge of an atom.
- Challenge section: students will answer questions about atomic number and mass (This is on a separate page, quickly allowing you to set aside for fast finishers).
- Homework section: students will write a paragraph describing the parts of an atom.
- Digital Camping themed review game: Includes 22 questions to review and reinforce the parts of an atom, atomic number, atomic mass, and the overall charge of an atom.
- Camping themed color by number page.
- Answer key
How to use this lesson in your classroom:
- Being observed? The hands on atoms activity is perfect for a classroom observation. This lesson allows you to bring the abstract topic of atoms into the world of our students through the use of hands on materials.
- Sub plans: The digital game and coloring sheet are perfect for last minute sub plans.
- Review and reinforcement for struggling learners
- Homework assignment
- Science station
Check out the feedback for this activity below:
- Really cute materials for students to review the parts of an atom and their chargers. I thought it was especially appropriate for upper level elementary students who are studying chemistry but love the idea that you used it with 7th grade special education students. I bet they loved it!! And the best part? It's edible. Fun.
- Edible science? Totally up my alley and will be soooo motivating for my class! Plus, the worksheets included will guarantee they are synthesizing the information. Thanks!
- My students loved this activity because they got to eat everything at the end of the activity. I loved this activity because it got my students excited, and they did a great job!
- LOVE! My students loved this. I used Sweeties as the neutrons, mini m&ms for the protons, and bigger M&Ms for electrons.
Other lessons and activities to support this unit:
- Classroom Decor Vocabulary Posters
- Getting to Know You Activity
- Atomic Structure Lesson
- Color Code Reviews
- Digital and Printable Activity
- Digital Escape Room
- Atomic Number FREEBIE
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate to email me at Teaching Muse's Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). They are intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.